1. The Summer Playground and Youth Center Program is now in its third week. Playgrounds and the Youth Center are open 9 am- 3:30 pm Monday-Friday. There are plenty of daily activities and programs to participate in as well as special events all week. Programs and activities are FREE of charge. Contact the Recreation office at 845-858-4045 for more details.
2. West End Beach is also open for the season. The beach is open Monday, Thursday and Friday 12 pm-6 pm and weekends 11 am-6 pm. The beach is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. There is a $5 parking fee on weekends for non-residents.
3. Special Events this week and next are:
Tonight- Broome Street Wind Ensemble Band at Farnum Park at 7 pm
Circle Line Field Trip Wednesday July 12- a few seats remain
NY Met Baseball game- Wednesday July 19- a few seats remain
FREE Outdoor Movie- Wednesday July 12 at 7 pm at Riverside Park. Movie this week is Moana
FREE Concert in the Park- Thursday July 13 at 7 pm at Riverside Park- The Carl Richards Band
FREE Concert in the Park- Thursday July 20 at 7 pm at Riverside Park- RICH WILSON
4. Youth Track is offered every Tuesday and Thursday evening at the Port Jervis high School for boys and girls ages 5 and up. This program is FREE of charge.
5. Tennis camp will be held next week- July 17 – 21 at Church Street Park from 9 am-12:30 pm. This FREE Camp is for boys and girls ages 8-13.
6. Dorney Park field trip on Friday July 28 has plenty of seats left. Cost for transportation and all day pass to the park is only $70. Transportation will be on a coach bus.
7. For more information on any of our activities, programs, field trips or special events contact the Recreation office at 845-858-4045 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. There is no Recreation Commission meeting in July. The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday August 16 at 7 pm at the Youth Center.